26 March 2014

Healthy Breakfast Ideas #1


I know many folks who aren’t breakfast people. Some are, but don’t have the time to make breakfast. I have also noticed that when people are on a ‘weight loss’ journey, the first thing they do is cut out breakfast to reduce their calories. Please don’t join them.

Breakfast is highly important, and I’m speaking from experience. When you have a good breakfast, you’re less likely to overeat for lunch and dinner. I’m not sure how to explain this, but it certainly works. I’m learning to be a breakfast person too!

Today, my focus is on pancakes.

I love, love, love pancakes. But a regular pancake breakfast is loaded with unhealthy calories that don’t even keep you full for a long time. So guess what? I did some research online and I found the PERFECT pancake recipe at Eugenie Kitchen that’s so, so guilt-free I pinch myself whilst enjoying it! It’s flourless, butterless and sugarless!!!


 
Granted, I have had banana pancakes in the past. But this is the best thus far. It’s so fluffy and so healthy. It’s really, really good and I implore you to try this recipe and let me know how it goes. Don’t procrastinate on it. Try it tomorrow, or even today.



Ingredients:
Bananas – 1 ½ whole. Mashed.
Eggs- 2 whole eggs, beaten
Baking powder –  1/8  spoon


Method:
Mash bananas but leave it lumpy, set aside.
Beat eggs in a separate bowl**
Add beaten eggs to the banana mix
Add the baking powder
On a heated non-stick pan, add about 2 tablespoons of the mix in each set
Enjoy with fruit or a tablespoon of maple syrup!


**Although this meal is already incredibly low in calories, I will attempt to make my own recipe without the egg yolks and let you know how it turns out. If you make it without the yolk at all, it’s virtually a “free” food. “Free” food means it doesn’t need to be counted towards your daily caloric intake.

#let’s eat!

Till next time,

anu 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that breakfast pic looks fantastic. Hmm, imagine that with some sizzling bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry and come back and make for me jor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peju fancis abu29 March, 2014

    Will definitely try this. I'm neither a cereal nor oats person. This sounds perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely gonna try thiis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't eat breakfast until I discovered I was happy with liquids as breakfast. So as long as it's a vegetable juice or smoothie I am good. But I am definitely going to try this. Well done Anu

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO I finally tried these the right way and it was way yummy. Used 3 bananas and two whole eggs the first time and I found the pancakes too eggy for my taste (didn't help that I used baking soda instead of baking powder either lol). So this time I used 4 bananas and two egg whites and actual baking powder. I put in some vanilla and cinnamon and drizzled them with some honey harvested from our farm. SOOOO DELICIOUS! Was tempted to cover them with whipped cream but that would probably have defeated the purpose. LOL

    ReplyDelete